isperterminen, as its name suggests, is in the Visp valley near the town of Visp. The area is renowned for its wine-making, particularly the Heida wine, and has the highest vineyards in Europe. It has a limited downhill area, mostly served by surface lifts. However the views are stunning, looking over some of the highest peaks in Valais, and the view can equally be enjoyed from the pistes as from the 7km toboggan run from Giw down to Visperterminen and the local winter walking tracks and signposted snowshoe trails.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Visperterminen, Busterminal. Turn right up Dorfstrasse out of the bus station. It's about a 2 minute walk. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 33 mins with as few as 1 changes.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 37 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Visp.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 328 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 34 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 301 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 16 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 212 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 26 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Visperterminen
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$ Hotel Visperhof, Visp (3*) Convenient, friendly but functional hotel, next to railway and bus terminus.
+41 27 948 38 00 https://www.visperhof.ch/