ndermatt is a pretty village with a good snow record and impressive skiing and boarding on the Gemsstock, including some fabulous off-piste runs. Near the station are the sunny slopes of the Natschen which hosts a range of winter activities and provide good facilities for learners and intermediates. The area has seen a huge amount of redevelopment with lifts now connecting the resort to Sedrun and Disentis, making what was once a somewhat overlooked resort now the largest linked winter sports destination in central Switzerland with fine dining and luxury accommodation.
Best of the Slopes
The Gemsstock is the archetypal off-piste summit. There are so many routes down, most of which are relatively safe, and the mountain gets some fabulous dumps. It has good long runs for intermediate skiers too. The slopes at Nätschen are good for all standards of skier and boarder.
Where to Eat and Party
The glamourous Chedi has an international restaurant, a well-regarded Japanese restaurant - both in the hotel itself - and a new japanses restaurantat the top of Bergstation Gütsch-Express (both on +41 41 888 74 66). All three are highly rated by GaultMillau. The Piccadilly or bar at the River House are probably the best places to meet up after a hard day on the slopes.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Andermatt. Station is adjacent to the chairlift for Natschen, or it is a 10 minutes walk / courtesy bus for Gemsstock. Train to Sedrun. The train from Göschenen to Andermatt is included in the offer. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 1 hr 53 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Goschenen.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 56 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Goschenen.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 41 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Goschenen.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 109 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 25 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 167 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs.
- The road distance from Berne is around 184 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 10 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 347 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 45 mins.
- The road distance from Lugano is around 108 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 16 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Andermatt
Piste Map for Andermatt
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$$$ The Chedi , Andermatt (5*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #2 amongst 5* Swiss hotels.
+41 41 888 74 88 https://www. thechediandermatt.com
- $$$$ Radisson Blu Hotel Reussen, Andermatt (4*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #9 amongst 4* Swiss hotels.
+41 41 888 11 11 https://www.radissonhotels.com/de-de/hotels/radisson-blu-andermatt-reussen
- $$$ Hotel Aurora, Andermatt (3*) Handy for the Gemsstock lift.
+41 41 887 16 61 https://www.aurora-andermatt.ch
- $$$ The River House Boutique Hotel, Andermatt Highly regarded ecohotel ranked #1 in Andermatt by TripAdvisor .
+41 41 887 00 25 https://www.theriverhouse.ch/
- $$ Sporthotel La Cruna, Sedrun (3*)
+41 81 920 40 40 https://hotelcruna.ch