elalp is the nearest significant winter sports area to Brig, reached by cable car from the pretty village of Blatten b Naters. Apart from the resort run to Blatten, all the slopes are above 2000m, and face south across to the Dom and the Matterhorn to provide breath-taking views and a delightful sun trap. However, what really makes Belalp special are the acres of accessible off-piste in both the main Sparrhorn area and underneath the Hohstock. Weekend queues are short to non-existent, making this a fabulous destination for a weekend break or a day trip.
Best of the Slopes
The off-piste off the main Sparrhorn area and particularly underneath the Hohstock (via a tunnel off the Hohstock draglift) are superb.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Blatten b. Naters. Bus stop is adjacent to the cable car. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 36 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Bern / Brig.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 39 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Bern / Brig.
- From Berne the least travel time is 1 hr 33 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig.
Park in Blatten b Naters for car-free Belalp.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 186 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 10 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 214 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 30 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 121 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 25 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 224 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 50 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Belalp
Piste Map for Belalp
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
- $$$ Hamilton Lodge and Spa, Belalp (3*) Ski-in, ski-out. Luggage shuttle available to and from lifts.
+41 27 923 20 43 https://www.hamiltonlodge.ch
- $$ Hotel Belalp, Belalp Not easy to get to, but blessed with stunning views of the Aletsch glacier. Luggage shuttle available to and from lifts.
+41 27 924 24 22 https://www.hotel-belalp.ch