ettmeralp is a small car-free resort within the fabulous Aletsch Arena. For some reason only the Swiss seem to be aware of this amazing ski-in, ski-out resort with its access to some of the very best and largest pisted areas in Switzerland. The view from the top of the resort looking over the World Heritage Aletsch glacier is worth the trip in itself.
Best of the Slopes
From the top of the cable car, there is a 20-metre ski tunnel to the very challenging southern slopes of the Bettmerhorn.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Betten. Station is adjacent to the cable car into Bettmeralp. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 37 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 38 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Bern / Brig.
- From Berne the least travel time is 1 hr 32 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 341 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 46 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 236 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 40 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 225 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 39 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Aletsch Arena