es Diablerets (Home of the Devils) is a pretty village served by a scenic train service out of Aigle. The main ski area at Meilleret (1949m) is accessed by a gondola installed in 2018 to replace an old chairlift, whilst a chairlift at the top gives access to the popular Villars ski area. Overlooking the village and accessible by a post bus and a navette is the glacier on Diablerets at an often chilly but reliably snowsure 3000m. Sadly the old Isenau (2120m) ski area, which linked to two, has been closed down whilst funds and agreement are being worked on. Villars is the more popular package holiday destination, but family-friendly Les Diablerets has much to commend itself.
Best of the Slopes
There is a short, tough red off Meilleret down to Les Mazots, alongside some more leisurely descents.
Where to Eat and Party
For lunch try out the exclusive and attractive Auberge De LOurs in Vers lEglise (+41 244 924400). The MTB is probably the busiest spot for après ski in the village. Also popular are the Ormonan and the Eurotel Victoria, with dancing into the small hours at Saloon la Pote and Atomix.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Les Diablerets. The station is 15 minutes from one gondola, across the tracks from the station, connecting with Villars, with another gondola, left out of station in the village, which links with Glacier 3000.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 3 hrs 38 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Lausanne / Aigle.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 47 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Lausanne / Aigle.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 39 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Lausanne / Aigle.
- From Lausanne the least travel time is 1 hrs 23 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Aigle.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 246 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 45 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 226 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 20 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 130 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 38 mins.
- The road distance from Lausanne is around 66 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr.
- The road distance from Fribourg is around 94 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 11 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Les Diablerets
Piste Map for Les Diablerets
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$ Hotel du Pillon - Relais du Silence, Les Diablerets (3*) Rated #1 in Les Diablerets and one of the 10 best hotels in Canton Vaud by TripAdvisor .
+41 24 492 22 09 https://www.hoteldupillon.ch/
- $$ Hotel Les Sources, Les Diablerets (3*) The hotel is family-friendly.
+41 24 492 01 00 https://www.hotel-les-sources.ch/
- $ Chalet Martin, Gryon (Hostel)
+41 79 724 63 74 https://www.swissbackpackers.ch
- $$$$$ Chalet RoyAlp Hôtel & Spa, Villars (5*) Rated #1 in Villars and one of the 10 best hotels in Canton Vaud by TripAdvisor .
+41 24 495 90 90 https://www.royalp.ch