enzerheide, apparently a favourite resort of Margaret Thatcher, is often overlooked as a winter sports holiday destination, but it's hard to understand why. There is a wide range of other winter sports activities and excellent infrastructure. There are plenty of good pistes for all abilities and the resort spreads across both sides of the valley, above and below the treeline, to provide ideal conditions at all times of the day. From December 2013 neighbouring Arosa is linked by gondola with Lenzerheide and the combined resorts create the largest linked ski area in Graubünden and one of the ten largest in Switzerland.
Wendy Holdener hails from Lenzerheide and famously won the FIS World Cup Combined (Super-G and Slalom) in her hometown in 2016.
Best of the Slopes
The 11k run off Rothorn is very scenic but has both serious flats and serious steep sections. With a guide you can drop off and ski off-piste into Arosa, and now with the resorts connected it is far easier to get back than it used to be.
Where to Eat and Party
Apres ski tends to be most lively at the bars at the foot and middle station of the Rothorn gondola.The best restaurants in Lenzerheide include La Riva (+41 81 384 26 00), the Restaurant Guarda Val (+41 81 385 85 85) and Scalottas Terroir at the.Hotel Schweizerhof (+41 81 385 25 25). For a reasonable steak try the Buscadero Steakhouse & Bar (+41 81 384 16 77).
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Canols, Rothornbahn. Bus stop is adjacent to cable car, a good free bus connects to all base stations. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 1 hr 55 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Chur.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 6 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Chur.
- From Berne the least travel time is 3 hrs with as few as 2 changes going via Zurich / Chur.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 139 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 45 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 223 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 30 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 264 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs .
- The road distance from Geneva is around 427 km and the journey time is roughly 4 hrs 45 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Lenzerheide
Piste Map for Lenzerheide
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$$ Valsana Hotel & Appartements, Arosa (4*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #10 amongst 4*Swiss hotels.
+41 81 378 63 63 https://www. valsana.ch
- $$$$$ Tschuggen Grand Hotel, Arosa (5*) Highly regarded by Tages-Anzeiger amongst Swiss 5* Hotels and #3 in Arosa by TripAdvisor.
+41 81 378 99 99 https://www.tschuggen.ch
- $$$$$ Arosa Kulm Hotel & Alpin Spa, Arosa Ranked #4 in Arosa by TripAdvisor.
+41 81 378 72 72 https://www.arosakulm.ch
- $$$$ Waldhotel National, Arosa (4*) Highly regarded by Tages-Anzeiger.
+41 81 378 55 55 https://www.waldhotel.ch
- $$$ Hotel Streiff, Arosa Ranked #2 in Arosa by TripAdvisor.
+41 81 378 71 71 https://streiff-superior-arosa.h-rez.com/
- $$$ Arosa Vetter Hotel, Arosa Ranked #5 in Arosa by TripAdvisor.
+41 81 378 72 72 https://arosa-vetter-hotel.ch/
- $$ Chalet Runca, Arosa (Chalet) Family run chalet near station and slopes - CHF 10090/week for 10 half-board.
+41 79 833 36 08 https://www.snowypockets.com
- $$ Hotel Astoria, Arosa Ranked #1 in Arosa by TripAdvisor.
+41 81 378 72 72 https://www.astoria-arosa.ch/
- $$$$ Schweizerhof, Lenzerheide (4*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #13 amongst 4*Swiss hotels.
+41 81 385 25 25 https://www. schweizerhof-lenzerheide.ch
- $$$ Revier Mountain Lodge (Swiss Lodge), Lenzerheide (3*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #19 amongst 3*Swiss hotels.
+41 81 382 06 60 https://www. meinrevier.com
- $$$ Hotel Spescha, Lenzerheide (3*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #21 amongst 3*Swiss hotels.
+41 81 385 14 24 https://www. hotel-spescha.ch
- $$$ Bestzeit, Parpan (3*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #15 amongst 3*Swiss hotels.
+41 81 354 00 54 https://www. bestzeit.ch
- $ The Lodge, Churwalden (Hostel)
+41 81 356 22 67 https://www.swissbackpackers.ch
- $$$$ Guarda Val, Lenzerheide (4*) Highly regarded by Tages-Anzeiger.
+41 81 385 85 85 https://www.guardaval.ch
- $$$$ Hotel Schweizerhof, Lenzerheide (4*) Family hotel, ranked #2 in Lenzerheide by TripAdvisor.
- $$$$ Hotel Valbella Inn, Lenzerheide (4*) Spa hotel.
- $$$ Hotel Kurhaus, Lenzerheide Ranked #1 in Lenzerheide by TripAdvisor.
+41 81 384 11 34 https://www.kurhaus-lenzerheide.ch
- $ Valbella Youth Hostel, Valbella (Hostel) Needs a car or a 25 minute hike from the bus stop..
+41 81 384 12 08 https://www.youthhostel.ch/en/