edrun is called Muster in Romansh, the local language. It is in the municipality of Tujetsch where one of the two souces of the Rhine is located. It shares the Gotthard Oberalp lift pass with Andermatt in canton Uri, although the ski area is on the other side of the Oberalppass and is nearer to Disentis. There are some great slopes with good verticals, varied off-piste and good beginners areas (in the village itself). The main lifts for the larger ski area are just outside the village at Dieni, two stops towards Andermatt on the train. The expansion of Andermatt has created lifts that now link Sedrun to both Andermatt and Disentis, with a more leisurely connection via the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn rail service. Sedrun is particularly popular with families.
The Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn is a narrow gauge railway that runs from Disentis, a few kilometres up the Rhine valley from Sedrun, through Sedrun and Andermatt and on to Brig and Zermatt, taking in some of the most spectacular ski resorts in the world. Sedrun is also the nearest village to the source of the Rhine.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Dieni. Choose destination and exchange voucher at Göschenen. Lift pass is good for onward rail connection to Dieni. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 53 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Goschenen / Andermatt.
- From Basel the least travel time is 4 hrs 02 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Goschenen / Andermatt.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 186 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 30 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 271 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 20 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 312 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 50 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 475 km and the journey time is roughly 5 hrs 30 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Sedrun
Piste Map for Sedrun
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$$$ The Chedi , Andermatt (5*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #2 amongst 5* Swiss hotels.
+41 41 888 74 88 https://www. thechediandermatt.com
- $$$$ Radisson Blu Hotel Reussen, Andermatt (4*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #9 amongst 4* Swiss hotels.
+41 41 888 11 11 https://www. radissonblu.com/de/hotel-andermatt
- $$$ Hotel Aurora, Andermatt (3*) Handy for the Gemsstock lift.
+41 41 887 16 61 https://www.aurora-andermatt.ch
- $$$ The River House Boutique Hotel, Andermatt Highly regarded ecohotel ranked #1 in Andermatt by TripAdvisor .
+41 41 887 00 25 https://www.theriverhouse.ch/
- $$ Sporthotel La Cruna, Sedrun (3*)
+41 81 920 40 40 https://hotelcruna.ch