ong after many resorts have closed, St Luc and its connected resort of Chandolin, still have resort runs and untracked off-piste. The villages require navigating some of the most tortuous roads in the Alps (although there is a bus service from Vissoie for the faint-hearted or car-less), but the journey is compensated for by the destination. The views across the Rhône valley to Crans-Montana beyond are spectacular.
Personally I find the slopes easier to get to from St Luc than Chandolin, and some of the best of the slopes lie on the St Luc side.
Best of the Slopes
The resort run is open long into the late season, giving you a fabulous 11k run off Bella Tolla all the way down to the village.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is St-Luc FLC. Bus stop adjacent to rack railway. Buses from Vissoie also serve Zinal and Grimentz lifts, and from Sierre serve Vercorin
- From Zurich the least travel time is 3 hrs 42 mins with as few as 3 changes going via Visp / Sierre / Vissoie.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 43 mins with as few as 3 changes going via Visp / Sierre / Vissoie.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 28 mins with as few as 3 changes going via Visp / Sierre / Vissoie.
- From Lausanne the least travel time is 2 hrs 12 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Sierre / Vissoie.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 311 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 30 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 284 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 10 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 189 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 10 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 195 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 20 mins.
- The road distance from Lausanne is around 130 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 35 mins.
- The road distance from Fribourg is around 159 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 48 mins.
Latest Resort Report
Visit resort web site for details - see sidebar.
Piste Map for St-Luc
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$ Hotel Cristal, Grimentz (3*) Family rooms available.
+41 274753291 https://www.cristalhotel.ch
- $$$ Mountain Heaven Chalets, Grimentz (Chalet) Catered and self-catering available.
+44 1516251921 https://www.mountainheaven.co.uk
- $$$$ Grand Hôtel Bella Tola & St-Luc, St-Luc (4*) Rated a historic hotel by the Swiss Tourist Board and highly regarded.
- $$$ Hotel Weisshorn, St-Luc Ski-in, ski-out belle époque hotel with access to wonderful off-piste, snoeshoeing and winter walks - it is on the Chemin des Planètes (no road access or groomed pistes).
+41 274751106 https://www.weisshorn.ch
- $$$ Colline de Daval, Sierre Ranked #1 in Sierre by TripAdvisor.
+41 274584515 https://www.collinededaval.ch/
- $$$ Hotel Terminus, Sierre (4*) Famous for the restaurant Didier de Courten with it's two Michelin stars, the hotel is conveniently situated next door to the station.
+41 274551351 https://www.hotel-terminus.ch/
- $ A la Pointe de Zinal, Zinal
+41 274751164 https://www.lapointedezinal.ch