amily-friendly, sunny Brigels (Breil in Romansh, the local language) in the Surselva region consistently scores well in assessments of small resorts. The facilities are excellent, the pistes are beautifully groomed and there are plenty of long runs and off-piste areas for all standards of skier and snowboarder. Buses link Brigels nearest railway station with the resort itself, and it is a short walk to the slopes from the stop (or you can take the courtesy bus, which also links up to nearby Tavanasa, Waltensburg and Andiast). Lying halfway between Flims and Andermatt, this is one resort where you will rarely wait to get on a lift or worry about crowded pistes.
One of the delights of being in Romansch-speaking Switzerland is the opportunity to hear locals speaking their native tongue. Compared to the harsh sound of German it sounds as if the locals are speaking to each other in poetry!
Best of the Slopes
There are a variety of lovely runs from the top at Fil all the way down to Curtginet at Waltensburg, around a 7km distance and a 1300m drop. The resort is south-facing so the lower runs can get patchy in late season and you are best off staying above Alp Dado and the wonderfully-named Crest Falla.
Where to Eat and Party
The La Val restaurant in the spa hotel of the same name (+41 81 929 26 26) and the restaurant at the Postigliun (+41 81 941 10 33) in Andiast are highly regarded.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Brigels Post. There is a courtesy bus from Brigels Post to the nearest lifts, although it is only 10 minutes to walk. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 25 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Chur / Tavanasa-Breil/Brigels.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 29 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Chur / Tavanasa-Breil/Brigels.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 165 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 10 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 220 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs.
- The road distance from Berne is around 290 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 13 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 443 km and the journey time is roughly 4 hrs 44 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Brigels
Piste Map for Brigels
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
- $$$$ Hotel La Val, Brigels (4*) There is a thermal spa on the premises.
+41 81 929 26 26 https://www.laval.ch
- $$$ Familienhotel Alpina, Brigels Family hotel.
+41 81 941 14 13 https://www.alpina-brigels.ch/