t is barely an hour by train from Zurich (90km away) to Unterterzen, via Ziegelbrücke, and the fast gondola adjacent to the station takes you up to one of Switzerland's best kept secrets, Flumserberg. Sadly it is no secret to the inhabitants of Zürich, so at weekends this place does get busy, but during the rest of the week some of the most varied slopes in Switzerland are virtually deserted. With stunning views over the Walensee, flexible accommodation options and proximity to Zurich Airport, this resort really is a perfect destination for a mid-week break.
Best of the Slopes
The Leist is the best and most challenging descent. There is also a 7k run from Maschgenkamm to Tannenheim.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Unterterzen. The station is adjacent to the gondola base station. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 1 hr 4 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Ziegelbrucke.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 29 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Ziegelbrucke.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 14 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Zurich / Ziegelbrucke.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 96 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 15 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 180 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs.
- The road distance from Berne is around 221 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 35 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 384 km and the journey time is roughly 4 hrs 15 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Flumserberg