losters has been made famous by it's connections with the British Royal Family, but it is actually a pleasantly informal village with good local amenities and access to the fabulous Parsenn mountain it shares with Davos, as well as the family-friendly Madrissa pistes. There is plenty of off-piste and a long season, plus faster road and rail connections than Davos - although you can take the train round to Davos or ski over to get to the other four mountains there. Despite the relative accessibility of much of the off-piste, it is often not as safe as it looks. An avalanche in 1988 which killed Prince Charless equerry on Gotschnawang was led by an experienced guide.
Best of the Slopes
There is a 12km run from the Weissfluh peak, 2844m to Küblis at 810m. The run off Madrissa into the village is also almost 9k in length and drops 1500m. Also a 1km drop on the 7k run off Gotschnagrat.
Where to Eat and Party
As Alistair Scott noted in his 1989 ski guide to Switzerland, "most of the smartest apres-ski in Klosters takes place behind closed doors in private chalets. However Gaudy's at the foot of the Parsenn is a good spot to round off a day on the slopes and if you do want to go out, nightlife is centred on the hotels. The Chesa Grischuna (+41 81 422 22 22) and the Alpina (+41 81 410 24 24), both in Bahnhofstrasse, have excellent restaurants.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Klosters, Platz. The station is next to the cable car for Parsenn. Alight at Klosters Dorf for Madrisa and adjacent gondola. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 1 hr 48 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Landquart.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 52 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Landquart.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 53 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Landquart.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 136 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 45 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 221 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 30 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 262 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs .
- The road distance from Geneva is around 425 km and the journey time is roughly 4 hrs 45 mins.
The resort's ski area is linked to Davos.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Klosters
Piste Map for Klosters
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$$ Ameron Swiss Mountain Hotel, Davos (4*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #8 amongst 4* Swiss hotels.
+41 81 544 19 19 https://ameroncollection.com/de/davos-swiss-mountain-resort
- $$$$ Hard Rock Hotel, Davos (4*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #20 amongst 4*Swiss hotels.
+41 81 41 51 60 https://www.hardrockhotels.com/davos/
- $$$$ Waldhotel, Davos Ranked #1 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 27 472 76 00 https://www.waldhotel-davos.ch/
- $$$ Grischa - DAS Hotel, Davos (4*) Ranked #3 in Davos by TripAdvisor. Hotel with good child facilities centrally located on Davos Platz.
+41 27 472 76 00 https://www.hotelgrischa.ch/en/
- $$$ Sheraton Davos Hotel Waldhuus, Davos (4*) Family hotel, ranked #4 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 81 417 93 33 https://www.sheratondavoshotelwaldhuus.com/
- $$$ Steigenberger Belvedere, Davos Ranked #2 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 81 415 60 00 https://en.steigenberger.com/Davos/Steigenberger-Grandhotel-Belvedere
- $$$ Kinderhotel Muchetta, Davos Family hotel.
+41 81 410 41 00 https://www.kinderhotel.ch/
- $$$ Hotel Schatzalp, Davos Rated a historic hotel by the Swiss Tourist Board.
+41 81 415 51 51 https://www.schatzalp.ch/
- $$$ Sunstar Parkhotel, Davos Ranked #7 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 27 472 76 00 https://davos.sunstar.ch/
- $$$ Hotel Meierhof, Davos Ranked #5 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 81 416 82 85 https://hotel-meierhof.com/en/
- $$ Hotel Edelweiss, Davos Ranked #6 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 81 416 10 33 https://www.hotel-edelweiss-davos.ch/
- $ Davos Youth Palace, Davos (Hostel)
+41 8 141 01 92 https://www.youthhostel.ch/en/
- $$$$ Hotel Vereina, Klosters (4*) Ranked by Tages-Anzeiger #14 amongst 4*Swiss hotels.
+41 81 410 27 27 https://www. vereinaklosters.ch
- $$$$ Chesa Grischuna, Klosters (3*) Highly regarded by Tages-Anzeiger.
+41 81 422 22 22 https://www.chesagrischuna.ch
- $$$$ Hotel Walserhof, Klosters Ranked #1 in Klosters by TripAdvisor.
+41 81 422 22 22 https://www.walserhof.ch
- $$$ Hotel Sport, Klosters (3*) Family hotel.
- $$$ Hotel Alpina, Klosters Ranked #2 in Klosters by TripAdvisor.
- $ Klosters Youth Hostel, Klosters (Hostel)
+41 81 422 13 16 https://www.youthhostel.ch/en/