ittle-known outside of Switzerland, the Aletsch Arena is a total delight with a great range of skiing, a fabulous long run from the Eggishorn, child-friendly facilities, good rail links and stunning views - including the best views over the World Heritage Aletsch glacier. In the midst of the pistes are the small, car free communities of Riederalp, Bettmeralp and Fiescheralp which lie on a high, sunny plateau above the villages of Mörel, Betten and Fiesch respectively.
Best of the Slopes
Amazingly scenic 12k run off the Eggishorn.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Betten. Station is adjacent to the cable car into Bettmeralp. Alternatively use Fiesch or Morel, which also have adjacent cable cars into the Aletsch Arena. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 37 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Bern / Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 207.40 SFr, reduced to 130.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 38 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Bern / Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 201.00 SFr, reduced to 127.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 1 hr 32 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 151.40 SFr, reduced to 102.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Lausanne an adult one day combined ticket is 138.60 SFr, or 96.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 194.60 SFr, or 124.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Betten Talstation. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 54.00 SFr.
Apart from the valley stations, all the resorts of the Aletsch Arena are car-free.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 159 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 40 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 221 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs.
- The road distance from Berne is around 127 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 24 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 228 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 44 mins.
Latest Resort Report
Available at MySwitzerland page for Aletsch Arena
Piste Map for Aletsch Arena
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$$ Hotel Waldhaus, Bettmeralp Ranked #2 in Bettmeralp by TripAdvisor.
+41 279272717 https://www.ferienhotel-waldhaus.ch/
- $$$ Hotel Bettmerhof, Bettmeralp Ranked #1 in Bettmeralp by TripAdvisor.
+41 279286210 https://www.bettmerhof.ch/en/
- $ Fiesch Youth Hostel, Fiesch (Hostel)
+41 279701515 https://www.youthhostel.ch/en/
- $$$ Hotel Alpina Fiescheralp, Fiescheralp (3*)
+41 279712424 https://www.alpinafiescheralp.ch
- $$$$ Art Furrer Resort "Royal", Riederalp (4*) Ski-in, ski-out on a sunny car-free plateau.
+41 279284488 https://www.artfurrer.ch