iederalp is a small car-free resort within the fabulous Aletsch Arena. For some reason only the Swiss seem to be aware of this amazing ski-in, ski-out resort with its access to some of the very best and largest pisted areas in Switzerland. The view from the top of the resort looking over the World Heritage Aletsch glacier is worth the trip in itself.
Where to Eat and Party
The Berghotel Riederfurka (+41 27 927 21 31) has a couple of good restaurants.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Mörel. Station is adjacent to the cable car into Riederalp. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 34 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 35 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Bern / Brig.
- From Berne the least travel time is 1 hr 29 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 350 km and the journey time is roughly 4 hrs 4 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 230 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 30 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 229 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 50 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 234 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 57 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Aletsch Arena