ittle-known outside of Switzerland, the Aletsch Arena is a total delight with a great range of skiing, a fabulous long run from the Eggishorn, child-friendly facilities, good rail links and stunning views - including the best views over the Aletsch glacier. Three small car-free communities in the mountains mirror valley communities with railway stations and cable cars, with the Eggishorn area the most northerly and easterly in the Aletsch Arena.
Best of the Slopes
Amazingly scenic 12k run off the Eggishorn starts with a fabulous view over the Aletsch glacier.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Fiesch. The station is adjacent to the cable car into Fiescheralp. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 57 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 58 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Bern / Brig.
- From Berne the least travel time is 1 hr 52 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig.
Apart from the valley stations, all the resorts of the Aletsch Arena are car-free.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 159 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 40 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 221 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs.
- The road distance from Berne is around 224 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 31 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 229 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 38 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Aletsch Arena