ercorin is the smallest resort of the Val D'Anniviers region above Sierre, but should not be neglected. It has some good pistes and ungroomed areas as well as three sledging runs, three winter hiking trails, six snowshoe routes and 12km of cross-country skiing tracks. You can get here from Sierre by post bus, or by cable car from Chalais in the Rhône valley.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Chalais, téléphérique. From Sierre buses run either to Vercorin, poste or to Chalais, téléphérique where a cable car connects to Vercorin, the latter is generally quicker and avoids windy mountain roads. Either way there is a 10 minute walk to the cable car from where you can access the slopes.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 51 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Visp / Sierre (Chalais, téléphérique).
- From Lausanne the least travel time is 1 hrs 31 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Sierre.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 300 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 9 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 273 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 51 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 184 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 4 mins.
- The road distance from Lausanne is around 112 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 21 mins.
- The road distance from Fribourg is around 141 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 36 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Vercorin
Piste Map for Vercorin
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$ Hotel Cristal, Grimentz (3*) Family rooms available.
+41 27 475 32 91 https://www.cristalhotel.ch
- $$$ Mountain Heaven Chalets, Grimentz (Chalet) Catered and self-catering available.
+44 15 162 51 92 https://www.mountainheaven.co.uk
- $$$$ Grand Hôtel Bella Tola & St-Luc, St-Luc (4*) Rated a historic hotel by the Swiss Tourist Board and highly regarded.
- $$$ Hotel Weisshorn, St-Luc Ski-in, ski-out belle époque hotel with access to wonderful off-piste, snoeshoeing and winter walks - it is on the Chemin des Planètes (no road access or groomed pistes).
+41 27 475 11 06 https://www.weisshorn.ch
- $$$ Hotel Terminus, Sierre (4*) Famous for the restaurant Didier de Courten with it's two Michelin stars, the hotel is conveniently situated next door to the station.
+41 27 455 13 51 https://www.hotel-terminus.ch/
- $$$ Colline de Daval, Sierre Ranked #1 in Sierre by TripAdvisor.
+41 27 458 45 15 https://www.collinededaval.ch/
- $ A la Pointe de Zinal, Zinal
+41 27 475 11 64 https://www.lapointedezinal.ch