a Tzoumaz is a quiet, family-oriented resort in the same ski circuit as Verbier. Although it is one of the more remote communities in the 4 Vallées it has good access to the runs above Verbier via a run off Savoleres to the Mayentzet chairlift. It does however boast a 10km toboggan run, the longest in French-speaking Switzerland, and is served by the excellent intermediate pistes at Savoleyres. Note that there are various lift pass options, e.g. one covering the area around Verbier and La Tzoumaz/Savoleyres only, as well as a pass covering the entire region of 4 Vallées/Mont Fort.
Best of the Slopes
The red run off Savoleyres back into La Tzoumaz is a lovely run to end the day with. For the more adventurous there is the outstanding Vallon d'Arbi trail from Lac des Vaux.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
Get road directions at Google Maps
As the crow flies, the resort is respectively 161km, 177km and 87km from Basel, Zurich and Geneva airports, 91km, 130km and 62km from Berne, Lucerne and Lausanne, and 797km from London.
Resorts in the ski area include Les Masses, Nendaz, Siviez, Thyon, Veysonnaz and Verbier.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for La Tzoumaz
Piste Map for La Tzoumaz
Larger piste map for La Tzoumaz
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$ Hôtel du Rhône, Sion (3*) Covenient for the centre of Sion and the station, with guest parking.
+41 27 322 82 91 https://www.durhonesion.ch
- $$ Le Deserteur Hotel, Nendaz (3*)
+41 27 288 24 55 https://www.ledeserteur.ch
- $ Sion Youth Hostel, Sion (Hostel) Convenient for station, sadly not open until late March..
+41 27 323 74 70 https://www.youthhostel.ch/en/
- $ Dzardys Bar & Backpacker, Le Chable (Hostel) At the foot of the gondola up to Verbier.
+41 27 565 25 31 http://dzardys-bar-backpacker-hostel.valaistophotels.com/en/
- $$$$$ La Cordée des Alpes, Verbier (4*) Hotel favoured by royalty.
+41 27 775 45 45 https://www.hotelcordee.com
- $$$$$ Chalet D'Adrien, Verbier (5*) Small, exclusive establishment famous for it's restaurants.
+41 27 771 62 00 https://www.chalet-adrien.com/
- $$$$$ W, Verbier (5*) Winner of the 2016 World Ski Awards Best Ski Hotel in the World.
+41 27 472 88 88 https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/gvawh-w-verbier/overview/
- $$$ Hotel Bristol, Verbier (3*)
+41 27 771 65 77 https://www.bristol-verbier.ch/
Find accommodation at Bookings.com