n a ledge overlooking the Rhône valley and Lake Geneva, Torgon has a stunning location. It is part of the Portes du Soleil circuit, the first of the 13 resorts in the circuit you hit from the North or West of Switzerland. it is quite a long way from the many of the pistes and some of the lifts are old and slow, so you need to make sure weather or closing lifts don't strand you if you go beyond Chatel to the heart of the circuit around Avoriaz and Les Crosets. Torgon is also relatively low and doesn't enjoy as long a season as many of the other destinations in the Portes du Soleil or the region.
By car, Torgon gives the quickest access to Portes du Soleil from Geneva airport. The village lies above Vionnaz and there is free parking at the bottom lifts. However Odile recommends driving above the village following the Route de Plan-de-Croix. At the lifts here there is a large car park, a restaurant and a high speed chair to Tour de Don where Odile says there is "another restaurant and fab views of Lake Geneva" and then recommends going "on to Châlet Neuf, Châtel, Super Châtel and Morgins - or the t-bars on the right - down and another t-bar to the great reastaurant on the French side and the lovely wide ride to Chapelle d'Abondance."
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 237 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 36 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 210 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 18 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 121 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 29 mins.
- The road distance from Lausanne is around 56 km and the journey time is roughly 50 mins.
- The road distance from Fribourg is around 85 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 5 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Morgins