attel lies between Goldau and the Ägerisee. It has two claims to fame. Here in the hamlet of Schornen a battle took place in 1315 between the Habsburgs and the people of Schwyz and their confederates, known as the first freedom battle in the establishment of the Swiss Confederation. The second claim to fame is that it is the first resort in the world to have revolving gondolas. Apart from the runs below the gondola top station, all the runs are served by surface lifts, but that apart it is a good resort for children, beginners and intermediates, with a couple of more challenging runs for experts. There are fabulous views from all over the resort, but particularly the summit of Hochstuckli.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Sattel, Gondolabahn. It is 15 minutes on foot to the gondola from Sattel-Aegeri station or you can take bus 7 from Rothenthurn or Schwyz. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 32 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Arth Goldau / Rothenthurm .
- From Lugano the least travel time is 58 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Art-Goldau / Sattel-Aegeri or Schwyz.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 65 km and the journey time is roughly 53 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 140 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 36 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 309 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 16 mins.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Sattel-Hochstuckli