undreds of metres above the Simplon tunnel, the car-free resort of Rosswald with its stunning views is only accessible by gondola from Ried-Brig. Although it is high and generally snow-sure, there is now artificial snow-making on all but the highest slopes. The pistes are not extensive and are dominated by black runs. However the resort is good for winter walking, snowshoe walking and tobogganing.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Ried-Brig. Bus from Brig, last leg is by gondola from Brig-Ried.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 53 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Brig / Ried-Brig.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 11 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Brig/Brig-Reid.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 343 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 47 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 316 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 29 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 222 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 32 mins.
Latest Resort Report
Available at MySwitzerland page for Rosswald