ruson lies across from Verbier in the Quattre Vallées, and used to be rather overlooked as it was only served by bus from Le Châble, even though the pass for the more famous area includes Bruson - a separate, cheaper, pass is also available for Bruson alone. As of 2014, however, a new gondola links Bruson with Le Châble, making it a worthwhile day trip or an alternative at busy weekends to the main areas. Despite being a small resort, the slopes should still be relatively quiet and good for intermediate skiers and snowboarders, although there is a tough trail back down to the valley for the more experienced.
Best of the Slopes
From the top you can take a black run then a marked trail all the way down to Le Châble for a 1400m vertical descent.
Where to Eat and Party
Three small restaurants on the mountain, with the one in the middle of the blank run from the summit edging it with its tasty home made soup.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Le Châble. Station adjacent to gondola. Voucher only covers the Verbier area, not the full 4 Vallées for which a small additional charge is made at the lift station. Ensure you get the cheaper ski pass that only covers Bruson, unless you want one to cover Verbier too. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass. Click here for details of the Swiss Railways discount scheme.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 3 hrs 17 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Visp or Lausanne / Martigny.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 21 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Visp or Lausanne / Martigny.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 32 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Visp or Lausanne / Martigny.
- From Lausanne the least travel time is 1 hrs 19 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Martigny.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Basel is around 246 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 38 mins.
- The road distance from Lausanne is around 93 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 9 mins.
- The road distance from Fribourg is around 122 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 24 mins.
Other resorts in the ski area include Champex.
Latest Resort Report
MySwitzerland report for Bruson
Piste Map for Bruson
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$ Hôtel du Rhône, Sion (3*) Covenient for the centre of Sion and the station, with guest parking.
+41 27 322 82 91 https://www.durhonesion.ch
- $$ Le Deserteur Hotel, Nendaz (3*)
+41 27 288 24 55 https://www.ledeserteur.ch
- $ Sion Youth Hostel, Sion (Hostel) Convenient for station, sadly not open until late March..
+41 27 323 74 70 https://www.youthhostel.ch/en/
- $ Dzardys Bar & Backpacker, Le Chable (Hostel) At the foot of the gondola up to Verbier.
+41 27 565 25 31 https://dzardys-bar.ch/
- $$$$$ La Cordée des Alpes, Verbier (4*) Hotel favoured by royalty.
+41 27 775 45 45 https://www.hotelcordee.com
- $$$$$ Chalet D'Adrien, Verbier (5*) Small, exclusive establishment famous for it's restaurants.
+41 27 771 62 00 https://www.chalet-adrien.com/
- $$$$$ W, Verbier (5*) Winner of the 2016 World Ski Awards Best Ski Hotel in the World.
+41 27 472 88 88 https://www.wverbier.com/
- $$$ Hotel Bristol, Verbier (3*)
+41 27 771 65 77 https://www.bristol-verbier.ch/