weisimmen is a rather quiet village in the beautiful Saanenland valley, but it is incredibly convenient for accessing the largest and best terrain in the Gstaad Mountain Rides. Zweisimmen station has direct trains from Bern that arrive in around 75 minutes whilst the adjacent Rinderberg gondola quickly gets you to the highest station on the mountain. It really couldn't be easier. Usefully the ski pass for Gstaad also gives you inclusive use of the trains as far as Rossinière, with stops at Saanenmöser, Schönried, Gstaad itself, Saanen, Rougemont and Château-d'Oex, and also use of the local buses as far as Glacier 3000 including a seasonal ski bus. Although the slopes are not particularly high, they are generally north-facing and seem to hold up well. There are also a good range of other winter sports activities in the immediate area, including a 7km toboggan run and an indoor swimming pool. Further afield in the Gstaad Mountain Rides including ice-skating, around 11 classic and skating cross-country circuits, 34 identified winter walks, 5 toboggan runs, one airboard piste and 14 snowshoe trails (4 of which are clearly marked).Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Best of the Slopes
The run off Parwengesattel towards Lengebrand is a lovely scenic run, great for carving. There's usually good off-piste if there has been recent fresh snow on the other side of the Parwengesattel. The run off the Rinderberg is fabulous first thing in the morning - the gondola opens at 8.30, half an hour before all the other lifts - and whilst busy during the day, it is floodlit some evenings for night-skiing. You can pretty much get around the whole of the pistes from St Stephan to Schönried without needing to resort to surface lifts or hitting flat spots, making this an excellent choice for snowboarders.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Zweisimmen. Station adjacent to Gondola (left out of station). Note that the lift pass is good for all lifts in Gstaad Mountain Rides and on all local buses and the railway as far as Rossinière. Stations at Saanenmöser, Schönried, Saanen, Rougement and Château-d'Oex are all a few minutes walk from valley stations. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 17 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Bern. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 172.80 SFr, reduced to 111.20 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 19 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Bern. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 158.40 SFr, reduced to 104.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 1 hr 15 mins with as few as zero changes. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 107.20 SFr, reduced to 78.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Lausanne an adult one day combined ticket is 92.80 SFr, or 71.20 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 158.40 SFr, or 104.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Zweisimmen. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 49.60 SFr.
Parking adjacent to and in vicinity of lifts.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 190 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 15 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 163 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 55 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 70 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 160 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 13 mins.
The nearest major airport to Zweisimmen is Geneva although other airports may also be convenient.
There are some international flights to Berne Airport, with a frequent bus service to the main railway station.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated April 27 2017 07:45Weather -3 degrees
Season 19.11.2016 - 17.04.2017
Day ticket CHF: 62.-/31.-
Depth of snow 30 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 07.03.2017
Pistes 0/107 km 0 km with artificial snowmaking
Condition of runs good-fair 0/7 Runs down to resort (open/total)
Cross-country classic 0 km no info
Cross-country skating 0 km no info
Altitude of cross-country trails 1300 m (altitude)
Snowcross runs 0/0
Snow park 0/1
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -