he Fribourg region lies at the foothills of the Alps and has a number of small, unconnected ski and snowboard areas. The setting is idyllic, surrounded by the medieval villages lying south of the beautiful town of Fribourg. Famous for its Gruyère cheese, there is a lot more than just downhill skiing and snowboarding to do in the region and the area is particularly suitable for families with good winter walks, snow-shoe walking, ice-skating, sight-seeing and the most attractive winter landscape. There is also a spa in Charmey.
The highest and most substantial downhill terrain is found at Moléson-sur-Gruyères, just outside Bulle, with other modest ski area at Jaun, Charmey, Les Paccots, Rathvel and La Berra. Historic Bulle lies at the heart of the area, and has good local facilities. The town is also quite close to le Moléson, from whose summit you can enjoy the most spectacular views of the region.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 157 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 41 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 138 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 30 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 35 km and the journey time is roughly 27 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 137 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 27 mins.
- The road distance from Lausanne is around 61 km and the journey time is roughly 0 hrs 49 mins.
- The road distance from Fribourg is around 3 km and the journey time is roughly 8 mins.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated April 26 2017 07:45Weather 3 degrees
Season 10.12.2016 - 26.03.2017
Day ticket CHF: 43.-/25.-
Depth of snow n/a
Last snowfall 08.03.2017
Condition of runs n/a
Cross-country classic n/a
Cross-country skating n/a
Altitude of cross-country trails n/a
Snowcross runs -
Snow park -
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -