enzerheide, apparently a favourite resort of Margaret Thatcher, is often overlooked as a winter sports holiday destination, but it's hard to understand why. There is a wide range of other winter sports activities and excellent infrastructure. There are plenty of good pistes for all abilities and the resort spreads across both sides of the valley, above and below the treeline, to provide ideal conditions at all times of the day. From December 2013 neighbouring Arosa is linked by gondola with Lenzerheide and the combined resorts create the largest linked ski area in Graubünden and one of the ten largest in Switzerland.
Wendy Holdener hails from Lenzerheide and famously won the FIS World Cup Combined (Super-G and Slalom) in her hometown in 2016.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Best of the Slopes
The 11k run off Rothorn is very scenic but has both serious flats and serious steep sections. With a guide you can drop off and ski off-piste into Arosa, and now with the resorts connected it is far easier to get back than it used to be.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Canols, Rothornbahn. Bus stop is adjacent to cable car, a good free bus connects to all base stations. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 1 hr 55 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Chur. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 130.40 SFr, reduced to 97.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 6 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Chur. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 173.60 SFr, reduced to 119.20 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 3 hrs with as few as 2 changes going via Zurich / Chur. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 194.40 SFr, reduced to 129.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 143.20 SFr, or 104.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Lenzerheide. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 61.20 SFr.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 139 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 45 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 223 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 30 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 264 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs .
- The road distance from Geneva is around 427 km and the journey time is roughly 4 hrs 45 mins.
The nearest major airport to Lenzerheide is Zurich although other airports may also be convenient.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated July 22 2017 07:45Weather 12 degrees
Season 03.12.2016 - 17.04.2017
Day ticket CHF: 72.-/24.-
Depth of snow 42 cm 6 cm in resort
Last snowfall 18.04.2017
Pistes 0/225 km 0 km with artificial snowmaking
Condition of runs good 0/15 Runs down to resort (open/total)
Cross-country classic 0 km good-fair
Cross-country skating 0 km good-fair
Altitude of cross-country trails 1560 m (altitude)
Snowcross runs 0/1
Snow park 0/2
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -
Piste Map for Lenzerheide
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$$$ Tschuggen Grand Hotel, Arosa (5*) Ranked #2 by Tages-Anzeiger amongst Swiss 5* Hotels and #3 in Arosa by TripAdvisor.
+41 813789999 http://www.tschuggen.ch
- $$$$$ Arosa Kulm Hotel & Alpin Spa, Arosa Ranked #4 in Arosa by TripAdvisor.
+41 813787272 http://www.arosakulm.ch
- $$$$ Waldhotel National, Arosa (4*) Ranked #5 by Tages-Anzeiger amongst Swiss 4* Hotels.
+41 813785555 http://www.waldhotel.ch
- $$$ Hotel Streiff, Arosa Ranked #2 in Arosa by TripAdvisor.
+41 813787171 http://www.streiff.ch/
- $$$ Arosa Vetter Hotel, Arosa Ranked #5 in Arosa by TripAdvisor.
+41 813787272 http://arosa-vetter-hotel.ch/
- $$ Hotel Astoria, Arosa Ranked #1 in Arosa by TripAdvisor.
+41 813787272 http://www.astoria-arosa.ch/
- $$ Chalet Runca, Arosa (Chalet) Family run chalet near station and slopes - CHF 10090/week for 10 half-board.
+ 41 798333608 http://www.snowypockets.com
- $ The Lodge, Churwalden (Hostel)
+41 813562267 http://www.swissbackpackers.ch
- $$$$ Guarda Val, Lenzerheide (4*) Ranked #2 by Tages-Anzeiger amongst Swiss 4* Hotels.
+41 813858585 http://www.guardaval.ch
- $$$$ Hotel Schweizerhof, Lenzerheide (4*) Family hotel, ranked #2 in Lenzerheide by TripAdvisor.
- $$$$ Hotel Valbella Inn, Lenzerheide (4*) Spa hotel.
- $$$ Hotel Kurhaus, Lenzerheide Ranked #1 in Lenzerheide by TripAdvisor.
+41 813841134 http://www.kurhaus-lenzerheide.ch
- $ Valbella Youth Hostel, Valbella (Hostel) Needs a car or a 25 minute hike from the bus stop..
+41 813841208 http://www.youthhostel.ch/en/
Lenzerheide is located in Graubünden