edrun (Muster in Romansh, the local language), located in Graubünden shares the Gotthard Oberalp lift pass with Andermatt in canton Uri, although it is located over the Oberalppass in the Upper Rhine Valley, a short distance from Disentis. There are some great slopes with good verticals, varied off-piste and good beginners areas (in the village itself). The main lifts for the larger ski area are just outside the village at Dieni, two stops towards Andermatt on the train. The expansion of Andermatt includes the construction of three new lifts joining the runs at Sedrun with those in the Nätschen ski area in Andermatt - currently the only way to get between the two resorts is by the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn rail service. Sedrun is particularly popular with families and, for a remote location, it is surprising how busy it can get.
The Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn is a narrow gauge railway that runs from Disentis, a few kilometres up the Rhine valley from Sedrun, through Sedrun and Andermatt and on to Brig and Zermatt, taking in some of the most spectacular ski resorts in the world. Sedrun is also the nearest village to the source of the Rhine.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Dieni. Choose destination and exchange voucher at Göschenen. Lift pass is good for onward rail connection to Dieni. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 53 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Goschenen / Andermatt. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 108.80 SFr, reduced to 78.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 4 hrs 02 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Goschenen / Andermatt. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 145.60 SFr, reduced to 96.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 97.60 SFr, or 72.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Göschenen. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 39.20 SFr.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 186 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 30 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 271 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 20 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 312 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 50 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 475 km and the journey time is roughly 5 hrs 30 mins.
The nearest major airport to Sedrun is Zurich although other airports may also be convenient.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated August 22 2017 07:45Weather 11 degrees
Season 26.11.2016 - 16.04.2017
Day ticket CHF: 60.-/30.-
Depth of snow 0 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 23.04.2017
Condition of runs n/a
Cross-country classic n/a
Cross-country skating n/a
Altitude of cross-country trails n/a
Snowcross runs n/a
Snow park n/a
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -
Piste Map for Sedrun
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$ Hotel Aurora, Andermatt (3*) Handy for the Gemsstock lift.
+41 418871661 http://www.aurora-andermatt.ch
- $$$ The River House Boutique Hotel, Andermatt Highly regarded ecohotel ranked #1 in Andermatt by TripAdvisor .
+41 418870025 http://www.theriverhouse.ch/
- $$ Sporthotel La Cruna, Sedrun (3*)
+41 819204040 http://hotelcruna.ch
Sedrun is located in Graubünden