losters has been made famous by it's connections with the British Royal Family, but it is actually a pleasantly informal village with good local amenities and access to the fabulous Parsenn mountain it shares with Davos, as well as the family-friendly Madrissa pistes. There is plenty of off-piste and a long season, plus faster road and rail connections than Davos - although you can take the train round to Davos or ski over to get to the other four mountains there. Despite the relative accessibility of much of the off-piste, it is often not as safe as it looks. An avalanche in 1988 which killed Prince Charless equerry on Gotschnawang was led by an experienced guide.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Best of the Slopes
There is a 12km run from the Weissfluh peak, 2844m to Küblis at 810m. The run off Madrissa into the village is also almost 9k in length and drops 1500m. Also a 1km drop on the 7k run off Gotschnagrat.
Where to Eat and Party
As Alistair Scott noted in his 1989 ski guide to Switzerland, "most of the smartest apres-ski in Klosters takes place behind closed doors in private chalets. However Gaudy's at the foot of the Parsenn is a good spot to round off a day on the slopes. Most nightlife is centred on the hotels. The upmarket Walserhof (+41 81 410 29 29) is probably the best place to eat in town.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Klosters, Platz. The station is next to the cable car for Parsenn. Alight at Klosters Dorf for Madrisa and adjacent gondola. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 1 hr 48 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Landquart. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 156.20 SFr, reduced to 114.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 52 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Landquart. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 196.20 SFr, reduced to 131.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 53 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Landquart. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 215.40 SFr, reduced to 141.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 169.00 SFr, or 117.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Davos Platz. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 62.20 SFr.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 136 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 45 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 221 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 30 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 262 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs .
- The road distance from Geneva is around 425 km and the journey time is roughly 4 hrs 45 mins.
The nearest major airport to Klosters is Zurich although other airports may also be convenient.
The resort's ski area is linked to Davos.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated June 22 2017 07:45Weather 15 degrees
Season 02.12.2017 - 08.04.2018
Day ticket CHF: 70.-/28.-
Depth of snow 0 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 19.04.2017
Condition of runs n/a
Cross-country classic n/a
Cross-country skating n/a
Altitude of cross-country trails n/a
Snowcross runs n/a
Snow park n/a
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -
Piste Map for Klosters
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$$ Waldhotel, Davos Ranked #1 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 274727600 http://www.waldhotel-davos.ch/
- $$$ Grischa - DAS Hotel, Davos (4*) Ranked #3 in Davos by TripAdvisor. Hotel with good child facilities centrally located on Davos Platz.
+41 274727600 http://www.hotelgrischa.ch/en/
- $$$ Steigenberger Belvedere, Davos Ranked #2 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 814156000 http://en.steigenberger.com/Davos/Steigenberger-Grandhotel-Belvedere
- $$$ Sheraton Davos Hotel Waldhuus, Davos (4*) Family hotel, ranked #4 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 814179333 http://www.sheratondavoshotelwaldhuus.com/
- $$$ Kinderhotel Muchetta, Davos Family hotel.
+41 814104100 http://www.kinderhotel.ch/
- $$$ Hotel Schatzalp, Davos Rated a historic hotel by the Swiss Tourist Board.
+41 814155151 http://www.schatzalp.ch/
- $$$ Sunstar Parkhotel, Davos Ranked #7 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 274727600 http://parkhotel-davos.sunstar.ch/
- $$$ Hotel Meierhof, Davos Ranked #5 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 814168285 http://hotel-meierhof-davos.l-lotels.com/
- $$ Hotel Edelweiss, Davos Ranked #6 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 814161033 http://www.hotel-edelweiss-davos.ch/
- $ Davos Youth Palace, Davos (Hostel)
+41 814101920 http://www.youthhostel.ch/en/
- $$$$ Chesa Grischuna, Klosters (3*) Ranked #8 by Tages-Anzeiger amongst Swiss 3* Hotels, and ranked #3 in Klosters by TripAdvisor. Voted Switzerland's Best Ski Boutique Hotel 2013 at the World Ski Awards.
+41 814222222 http://www.chesagrischuna.ch
- $$$$ Vereina, Klosters (4*) Ranked #12 by Tages-Anzeiger amongst Swiss 4* Hotels.
+41 814102727 http://vereinahotel.ch
- $$$$ Hotel Walserhof, Klosters Ranked #1 in Klosters by TripAdvisor.
+41 814222222 http://www.walserhof.ch
- $$$ Hotel Alpina, Klosters Ranked #2 in Klosters by TripAdvisor.
- $$$ Hotel Sport, Klosters (3*) Family hotel.
- $ Klosters Youth Hostel, Klosters (Hostel)
+41 814221316 http://www.youthhostel.ch/en/
Klosters is located in Graubünden