es Diablerets (Home of the Devils) is a pretty village served by a scenic train service out of Aigle with three distinct, and very different, mountains. Meilleret (1949m) is mostly below the tree line and connects to the busy Villars ski area, the Isenau (2120m) area has some pleasant sunny runs good for beginners and intermediates and a great park (with a couple of half pipes), and then there is the glacier on Diablerets at an often chilly but reliably snowsure 3000m. Villars is the more popular package holiday destination, but family-friendly Les Diablerets has much to commend itself as a holiday destination.
Where to Eat and Party
For lunch try out the exclusive and attractive Auberge De LOurs in Vers lEglise (+41 244 924400). The MTB is probably the busiest spot for après ski in the village. Also popular are the Ormonan and the Eurotel Victoria, with dancing into the small hours at Saloon la Pote and Atomix.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Les Diablerets. The station is 15 minutes from one gondola, across the tracks from the station, connecting with Villars, with another gondola, left out of station in the village, which links with Glacier 3000. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 3 hrs 38 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Lausanne / Aigle. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 200.80 SFr, reduced to 125.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 47 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Lausanne / Aigle. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 188.00 SFr, reduced to 119.20 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 39 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Lausanne / Aigle. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 142.40 SFr, reduced to 96.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Lausanne the least travel time is 1 hrs 23 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Aigle. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 94.20 SFr, or 72.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 187.20 SFr, or 118.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Villars. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 42.40 SFr.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 246 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 45 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 226 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 20 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 130 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 38 mins.
- The road distance from Lausanne is around 66 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr.
- The road distance from Fribourg is around 94 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 11 mins.
The nearest major airport to Les Diablerets is Geneva although other airports may also be convenient.
There are some scheduled international flights to Sion, in the adjacent canton of Valais.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated December 16 2017 07:45Weather -13 degrees
Depth of snow 120 cm 50 cm in resort
Day ticket CHF: 54.-/36.-
Depth of snow 120 cm 50 cm in resort
Last snowfall today
Pistes 42/84 km 26 km with artificial snowmaking
Condition of runs good 3/3 Runs down to resort (open/total)
Cross-country classic 30 km closed
Cross-country skating 16 km closed
Altitude of cross-country trails 1700 m (altitude)
Snowcross runs -
Snow park -
Tobogganing facilities 1/1 2.7km / 7.2km
Condition of runs closed
Winter walking paths open 20/20 km
Snowshoe trails open 34/34 km