eally very extensive slopes and bags of off-piste options - probably stands alongside the Engadin and the 4 Vallées as somewhere you could easily spend a whole season. Davos Dorf has access to the fabulous snow-sure Parsenn it shares with Klosters, but there is also good on and off-piste on other mountains served by the lifts from the town, for example the Jakobshorn from Davos Platz and the Rinerhorn from Glaris. In addition you can access the small areas at Pischa and Schatzalp or, from Klosters, access the Madrisa. The Parsenn can get busy at weekends, so it is worthwhile trying out one of the smaller areas or the generally quieter slopes on Parsenn below Goschnagrat. The slopes at the bottom of the Jakobshorn are best for beginners.
Davos is a busy town with lots going on, easy to get to by road or rail and a favoured destination since the mid nineteenth century when it became established as a high-altitude health resort by a German refugee, Dr Alexander Spengler, on the run from a death sentence in his home country. It became one of the very first winter sports resorts, popularised by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who came here to accompany his sick wife and got hooked on skiing. He wrote about his experiences on his return to England, fuelling an interest in the activity. At Bolgen, the resort had the very first t-bar system in Europe.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Best of the Slopes
The breath-taking 14k, 2000m drop off Weissfluhjoch to Küblis is one of the longest runs in the Alps, but the unpisted trails down to Fideris and Jenaz are even longer. The Parsenn is a huge, wonderful area with quiet corners and plenty of off-piste, Jakobshorn is particularly good for boarders.
Where to Eat and Party
The Weissfluhgipfel is the classiest mountain restaurant. After a day on the piste, the Bolgenschanze, near Davos Platz and the Jakobshorn base station, is the best place to rendezvous. A lot of the nightlife is spread around town, but the Hotel Europe at the bottom of the Schaltzalpbahn is a good place to hang out with several bars to choose from.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Davos Platz or Dorf. Dorf Station, 5 minutes to Parsenn mountain railway for main pistes. Davos Platz, 5 minutes to Jakobshorn cable car. (Davos Glaris 5 minutes to Rinerhorn cable car.) The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 13 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Landquart. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 156.20 SFr, reduced to 114.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 22 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Landquart. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 196.20 SFr, reduced to 131.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 3 hrs 18 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Zurich / Landquart. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 215.40 SFr, reduced to 141.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 169.00 SFr, or 117.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Davos Platz. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 62.20 SFr.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 148 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 55 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 232 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 45 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 273 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 15 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 436 km and the journey time is roughly 4 hrs 55 mins.
The nearest major airport to Davos is Zurich although other airports may also be convenient.
The resort's ski area is linked to Klosters.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated August 22 2017 07:45Weather 8 degrees
Season 17.11.2017 - 08.04.2018
Day ticket CHF: 70.-/28.-
Depth of snow 0 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 19.04.2017
Condition of runs n/a
Cross-country classic n/a
Cross-country skating n/a
Altitude of cross-country trails n/a
Snowcross runs n/a
Snow park n/a
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -
Piste Map for Davos
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$$ Waldhotel, Davos Ranked #1 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 274727600 http://www.waldhotel-davos.ch/
- $$$ Grischa - DAS Hotel, Davos (4*) Ranked #3 in Davos by TripAdvisor. Hotel with good child facilities centrally located on Davos Platz.
+41 274727600 http://www.hotelgrischa.ch/en/
- $$$ Steigenberger Belvedere, Davos Ranked #2 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 814156000 http://en.steigenberger.com/Davos/Steigenberger-Grandhotel-Belvedere
- $$$ Sheraton Davos Hotel Waldhuus, Davos (4*) Family hotel, ranked #4 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 814179333 http://www.sheratondavoshotelwaldhuus.com/
- $$$ Kinderhotel Muchetta, Davos Family hotel.
+41 814104100 http://www.kinderhotel.ch/
- $$$ Hotel Schatzalp, Davos Rated a historic hotel by the Swiss Tourist Board.
+41 814155151 http://www.schatzalp.ch/
- $$$ Sunstar Parkhotel, Davos Ranked #7 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 274727600 http://parkhotel-davos.sunstar.ch/
- $$$ Hotel Meierhof, Davos Ranked #5 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 814168285 http://hotel-meierhof-davos.l-lotels.com/
- $$ Hotel Edelweiss, Davos Ranked #6 in Davos by TripAdvisor.
+41 814161033 http://www.hotel-edelweiss-davos.ch/
- $ Davos Youth Palace, Davos (Hostel)
+41 814101920 http://www.youthhostel.ch/en/
- $$$$ Chesa Grischuna, Klosters (3*) Ranked #8 by Tages-Anzeiger amongst Swiss 3* Hotels, and ranked #3 in Klosters by TripAdvisor. Voted Switzerland's Best Ski Boutique Hotel 2013 at the World Ski Awards.
+41 814222222 http://www.chesagrischuna.ch
- $$$$ Vereina, Klosters (4*) Ranked #12 by Tages-Anzeiger amongst Swiss 4* Hotels.
+41 814102727 http://vereinahotel.ch
- $$$$ Hotel Walserhof, Klosters Ranked #1 in Klosters by TripAdvisor.
+41 814222222 http://www.walserhof.ch
- $$$ Hotel Alpina, Klosters Ranked #2 in Klosters by TripAdvisor.
- $$$ Hotel Sport, Klosters (3*) Family hotel.
- $ Klosters Youth Hostel, Klosters (Hostel)
+41 814221316 http://www.youthhostel.ch/en/
Davos is located in Graubünden