t is barely an hour by train from Zurich (90km away) to Unterterzen, via Ziegelbrücke, and the fast gondola adjacent to the station takes you up to one of Switzerland's best kept secrets, Flumserberg. Sadly it is no secret to the inhabitants of Zürich, so at weekends this place does get busy, but during the rest of the week some of the most varied slopes in Switzerland are virtually deserted. With stunning views over the Walensee, flexible accommodation options and proximity to Zurich Airport, this resort really is a perfect destination for a mid-week break.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Best of the Slopes
The Leist is the best and most challenging descent. There is also a 7k run from Maschgenkamm to Tannenheim.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Unterterzen. The station is adjacent to the gondola base station. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 1 hr 4 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Ziegelbrucke. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 97.00 SFr, reduced to 74.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 29 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Ziegelbrucke. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 141.80 SFr, reduced to 97.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 14 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Zurich / Ziegelbrucke. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 164.20 SFr, reduced to 108.20 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 109.80 SFr, or 81.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Fumserberg Tannenboden, Dorf. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 44.60 SFr.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 96 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 15 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 180 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs.
- The road distance from Berne is around 221 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 35 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 384 km and the journey time is roughly 4 hrs 15 mins.
The nearest major airport to Flumserberg is Zurich although other airports may also be convenient.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated June 22 2017 07:45Weather 32 degrees
Season 26.11.2016 - 02.04.2017
Day ticket CHF: 58.-/29.-
Depth of snow 0 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 07.03.2017
Pistes 0/65 km 0 km with artificial snowmaking
Condition of runs end of season 0/3 Runs down to resort (open/total)
Cross-country classic 0 km closed
Cross-country skating 0 km closed
Altitude of cross-country trails 1800 m (altitude)
Snowcross runs 0/1
Snow park 0/2
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -