elalp is the nearest significant winter sports area to Brig, reached by cable car from the pretty village of Blatten b Naters. Apart from the resort run to Blatten, all the slopes are above 2000m, and face south across to the Dom and the Matterhorn to provide breath-taking views and a delightful sun trap. However, what really makes Belalp special are the acres of accessible off-piste in both the main Sparrhorn area and underneath the Hohstock. Weekend queues are short to non-existent, making this a fabulous destination for a weekend break or a day trip.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Best of the Slopes
The off-piste off the main Sparrhorn area and particularly underneath the Hohstock (via a tunnel off the Hohstock draglift) are superb.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Blatten b. Naters. Bus stop is adjacent to the cable car. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 36 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Bern / Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 202.80 SFr, reduced to 126.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 39 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Bern / Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 196.40 SFr, reduced to 123.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 1 hr 33 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 146.80 SFr, reduced to 98.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Lausanne an adult one day combined ticket is 134.00 SFr, or 92.20 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 190.00 SFr, or 120.20 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Blatten b. Naters. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 45.00 SFr.
Park in Blatten b Naters for car-free Belalp.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 186 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 10 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 214 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 30 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 121 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 25 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 224 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 50 mins.
The nearest major airport to Belalp is Zurich although other airports may also be convenient.
There are some scheduled international flights to Sion, the major city in Valais.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated June 22 2017 07:45Weather 11 degrees
Season 17.12.2016 - 17.04.2017
Day ticket CHF: 56.-/28.-
Depth of snow 0 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 17.04.2017
Pistes 0/60 km 0 km with artificial snowmaking
Condition of runs no info
Cross-country classic -
Cross-country skating -
Altitude of cross-country trails -
Snowcross runs -
Snow park -
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -
Piste Map for Belalp
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
- $$$ Hamilton Lodge and Spa, Belalp (3*) Ski-in, ski-out. Luggage shuttle available to and from lifts.
+41 279232043 http://www.hamiltonlodge.ch
- $$ Hotel Belalp, Belalp Not easy to get to, but blessed with stunning views of the Aletsch glacier. Luggage shuttle available to and from lifts.
+41 279242422 http://www.hotel-belalp.ch
Belalp is located in Valais