ittle-known outside of Switzerland, the Aletsch Arena is a total delight with a great range of skiing, a fabulous long run from the Eggishorn, child-friendly facilities, good rail links and stunning views - including the best views over the Aletsch glacier. Three small car-free communities in the mountains mirror valley communities with railway stations and cable cars, with the Eggishorn area the most northerly and easterly in the Aletsch Arena.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Best of the Slopes
Amazingly scenic 12k run off the Eggishorn starts with a fabulous view over the Aletsch glacier.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Fiesch. The station is adjacent to the cable car into Fiescheralp. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 57 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 207.40 SFr, reduced to 130.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 58 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Bern / Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 201.00 SFr, reduced to 127.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 1 hr 52 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 151.40 SFr, reduced to 102.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Lausanne an adult one day combined ticket is 138.60 SFr, or 96.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 194.60 SFr, or 124.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Betten Talstation. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 54.00 SFr.
Apart from the valley stations, all the resorts of the Aletsch Arena are car-free.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 159 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 40 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 221 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs.
- The road distance from Berne is around 224 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 31 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 229 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 38 mins.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated August 22 2017 07:45Weather 12 degrees
Season 19.11.2016 - 22.04.2017
Day ticket CHF: 60.-/30.-
Depth of snow 0 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 18.04.2017
Pistes 0/104 km 0 km with artificial snowmaking
Condition of runs closed
Cross-country classic 0 km closed
Cross-country skating 0 km closed
Altitude of cross-country trails 1950 m (altitude)
Snowcross runs 0/0
Snow park 0/3
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -