endaz provides a cheaper alternative to Verbier for those who can do without the wild night-life, with stunning views over the Rhône valley (and a scenic 15k drive from Sion to get there). It also probably provides better access to Mont Fort and many of the challenging off-piste slopes the Four Valleys are famous for - and the area is justly famous if you love adrenalin-pumping runs. Use a guide if you want to explore the back of Mont-Fort, although there are a significant amount of safe unprepared runs and off-piste within the bounds of the main pistes where you do not need a guide, such as the Gentianes and Tortin trails. Getting back to Nendaz requires you to either take the Plan-du-Fou cable car down, navigate an often icy, mogulled itinerary or take the courtesy bus from Siviez. There are several lift passes available in the 4 Vallées, the main options being whether to choose the Thyon pass (including Haute-Nendaz, Veysonnaz, and Thyon/Les Collons) or one covering the entire region of 4 Vallées/Mont Fort - this is an additional charge for Snow'n'Rail users.
Note that the courtesy bus running every 20 minutes in season from Nendaz to Siviez is especially convenient if the runs above Prarion are patchy, as they often are after warm weather or sunny days, or you want to get out to the runs above Veysonnaz quickly. The first morning buses also get you from Nendaz to Siviez before the first lifts operate, so they provide much quicker access to get to Combatseline and Tortin.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Best of the Slopes
You have access to all the best slopes out of Verbier, but also some tough runs on this side of the Four Valleys. Try the couloirs on Col Du Vez to get your blood racing. The Tortin trail from Chassoure is an essential rite of passage for strong intermediates. Above Combatseline, there are some relatively easy blacks at Greppon Blanc and further East in the Veysonnaz section some good long challenging reds and some gentle blue runs around Thyon.
Where to Eat and Party
Après ski starts at Les Etagnes and carries on late at the Canadian Pub. For good food the Gariko Lounge Bar Restaurant (+41 272881368) is recommended.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Haute-Nendaz, telecabine. Exchange voucher for lift pass at Haut-Nendaz then take the Siviez courtesy bus, which runs every 20 mins. Note additional charge to access Verbier slopes - pass covers Siviez, Mt Fort, Veysonnaz etc. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 3 hrs 15 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Visp or Lausanne / Sion. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 228.00 SFr, reduced to 148.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 21 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Visp or Lausanne / Sion. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 215.60 SFr, reduced to 141.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 8 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Visp or Lausanne / Sion. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 172.40 SFr, reduced to 120.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Lausanne the least travel time is 1 hrs 47 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Sion. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 127.60 SFr, or 97.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 215.60 SFr, or 141.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Le Châble. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 64.80 SFr.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 281 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 10 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 254 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 50 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 160 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 45 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 165 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 55 mins.
- The road distance from Lausanne is around 101 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 15 mins.
- The road distance from Fribourg is around 129 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 30 mins.
The nearest major airport to Nendaz is Geneva although other airports may also be convenient.
There are some scheduled international flights to Sion, the major city in Valais.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated August 22 2017 07:45Weather 7 degrees
Season 10.12.2016 - 30.04.2017
Day ticket CHF: 56.-/28.-
Depth of snow 0 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 08.03.2017
Pistes 0/412 km 0 km with artificial snowmaking
Condition of runs end of season 0/11 Runs down to resort (open/total)
Cross-country classic 0 km end of season
Cross-country skating 0 km end of season
Altitude of cross-country trails 1900 m (altitude)
Snowcross runs 0/0
Snow park 0/2
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -