ettmeralp is a small car-free resort within the fabulous Aletsch Arena. For some reason only the Swiss seem to be aware of this amazing ski-in, ski-out resort with its access to some of the very best and largest pisted areas in Switzerland. The view from the top of the resort looking over the World Heritage Aletsch glacier is worth the trip in itself.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Best of the Slopes
From the top of the cable car, there is a 20-metre ski tunnel to the very challenging southern slopes of the Bettmerhorn.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Betten. Station is adjacent to the cable car into Bettmeralp. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 37 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 207.40 SFr, reduced to 130.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 38 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Bern / Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 201.00 SFr, reduced to 127.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 1 hr 32 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Brig. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 151.40 SFr, reduced to 102.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Lausanne an adult one day combined ticket is 138.60 SFr, or 96.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 194.60 SFr, or 124.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Betten Talstation. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 54.00 SFr.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 341 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 46 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 236 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 40 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 225 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 39 mins.
The nearest major airport to Bettmeralp is Zurich although other airports may also be convenient.
There are some scheduled international flights to Sion, the major city in Valais.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated June 22 2017 07:45Weather 15 degrees
Season 19.11.2016 - 22.04.2017
Day ticket CHF: 60.-/30.-
Depth of snow 102 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 18.04.2017
Pistes 0/104 km 0 km with artificial snowmaking
Condition of runs good 0/2 Runs down to resort (open/total)
Cross-country classic 0 km good
Cross-country skating 0 km good
Altitude of cross-country trails 1950 m (altitude)
Snowcross runs 0/0
Snow park 0/3
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -