he pretty village of Vals is characterized by the dark, local quartzite used for roofing houses and to build the iconic thermal spa in the village. Vals is a Walser-German-speaking enclave in the Romansh dominated Val Lumnezia (Valley of Light). The Walsers migrated from Upper Valais some 700 years ago and settled in the highest alpine valleys of Switzerland, and still retain a distinct identity from their neighbours. The slopes are uncrowded, have a good snow record and offer a good range of terrain for all abilities of skier and snowboarder. The thermal baths are definitely worth checking out and allow children from the age of 5.
Best of the Slopes
The Dachberg run is 10k long and drops 1700m.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Vals Post. Bus stop 20 minutes from lifts. A courtesy bus service is available every half hour at peak times, every hour off-peak. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 34 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Chur / Ilanz. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 146.80 SFr, reduced to 93.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 38 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Chur / Ilanz. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 186.80 SFr, reduced to 113.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 158.00 SFr, or 98.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Vals. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 35.20 SFr.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 168 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 7 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 253 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 58 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 446 km and the journey time is roughly 4 hrs 52 mins.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated December 18 2017 07:45Weather -9 degrees
Season 22.12.2017 - 02.04.2018
Day ticket CHF: 49.-/25.-
Depth of snow n/a
Last snowfall 3 days ago
Condition of runs n/a
Cross-country classic n/a
Cross-country skating n/a
Altitude of cross-country trails n/a
Snowcross runs -
Snow park -
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open n/a
Snowshoe trails open n/a