ierre-Anniviers is one of the Alps greatest secrets. The resorts are largely unconnected, although there is a new lift between Grimentz and Zinal, and the roads are tortuous - especially the road up to St Luc and Chandolin), but the reward is largely empty pistes and bags of great off-piste. Vissoie lies at the centre of the resorts and probably makes the best base to explore all the area, but Sierre itself is a bit livelier and also gives good access to Crans-Montana and Anzère as well as being, by reputation, the sunniest place in Switzerland.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Best of the Slopes
The whole valley is full of some classic runs, personal favourites being the run off Bella Tolla down to the bottom of the St-Luc Funicular Railway, and the run off Zinal all the way down into Grimentz.
Where to Eat and Party
The restaurant Didier de Courten has two Michelin stars and is located right in the middle of Sierre (Tel +41 027 455 13 51).
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Zinal TZS. Bus stops adjacent to lifts. Buses from Vissoie serve Zinal, St Luc/Chandolin and Grimentz lifts, and from Sierre serve Vercorin
- From Zurich the least travel time is 3 hrs 47 mins with as few as 3 changes going via Visp / Sierre / Vissoie.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 43 mins with as few as 3 changes going via Visp / Sierre / Vissoie.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 37 mins with as few as 3 changes going via Visp / Sierre / Vissoie.
- From Lausanne the least travel time is 2 hrs 21 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Sierre / Vissoie.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 309 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 25 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 282 km and the journey time is roughly 3 hrs 10 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 187 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 10 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 193 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 15 mins.
- The road distance from Lausanne is around 138 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 45 mins.
- The road distance from Fribourg is around 166 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 0 mins.
The nearest major airport to Sierre-Anniviers is Geneva although other airports may also be convenient.
There are some scheduled international flights to Sion, the major city in Valais.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated June 23 2017 07:45Weather 27 degrees
Season 19.11.2016 - 23.04.2017
Day ticket CHF: 58.-/35.-
Depth of snow 0 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 07.03.2017
Pistes 0/115 km 0 km with artificial snowmaking
Condition of runs end of season 0/5 Runs down to resort (open/total)
Cross-country classic 0 km end of season
Cross-country skating 0 km end of season
Altitude of cross-country trails 1800 m (altitude)
Snowcross runs -
Snow park -
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -