enk in the beautiful Simmental valley is the less well-known of the resort area known as Adelboden-Lenk, but it has some advantages over it's more famous neighbour. It gives reasonable access to most of the terrain accessible from Adelboden (although you cannot ski back) and has some pleasant local slopes just above the village. Lenk is only a short train ride away to Zweiswimmen to access the Gstaad area. Lenk also has a spa and a couple of excellent restaurants specialising in the renowned local cuisine.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Best of the Slopes
Lenk's longest piste is the 9km Tschuggen run on the Betelberg followed by the 7km run off Bergstation MĂĽlkerblatten.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Lenk, Metschbahnen. It is possible to walk from Lenk station to the lifts, avoiding the need to use the bus. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 2 hrs 59 mins with as few as 3 changes going via Bern / Zweisimmen / Lenk. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 184.00 SFr, reduced to 120.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs with as few as 3 changes going via Spiez / Zweisimmen / Lenk. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 172.80 SFr, reduced to 114.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 1 hr 16 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Frutigen. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 118.40 SFr, reduced to 87.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Lausanne an adult one day combined ticket is 164.80 SFr, or 110.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 172.80 SFr, or 114.80 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Adelboden, Post. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 48.60 SFr.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 187 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 30 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 179 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 20 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 86 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 20 mins.
The nearest major airport to Lenk i. S. is Basel although other airports may also be convenient.
For example, Zurich Airport will have similar transfer times.
There are some international flights to Berne Airport, with a frequent bus service to the main railway station.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated April 27 2017 07:45Weather -3 degrees
Season 03.12.2016 - 17.04.2017
Day ticket CHF: 63.-/34.-
Depth of snow 0 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 23.03.2017
Pistes 0/185 km 0 km with artificial snowmaking
Condition of runs no info
Cross-country classic 0 km no info
Cross-country skating 0 km no info
Altitude of cross-country trails 1900 m (altitude)
Snowcross runs 0/2
Snow park 0/1
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -