he Tschappina and the Urmein ski area, also known as Heinzenberg and Sarn, lies above the village of Thusis and beneath Piz Beverin, next to the 1880m Glas pass connecting the Domleschg Valley to the remote Safien Valley. There are a range of winter sports activities including toboganning, snowshoe routes and winter walking, plus a number of exclusively red runs serviced by surface lifts only. Thusis itself is a large village, easily accessible by motorway and train from nearby Chur.
Best of the Slopes
The run from Lüschgrat to Masein has a vertical drop of 1300m but requires you to take a bus back to the lifts (stop Masein Unterdorf).
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Obertschappina. Bus terminates next to lifts.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 13 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Chur / Thusis.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 144 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 32 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 228 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 23 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 268 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 47 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 431 km and the journey time is roughly 4 hrs 35 mins.
Latest Resort Report
Visit Resort Website for a Snow Report (see sidebar).
Piste Map for Thusis
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Thusis is located in Graubünden