pretty valley off the Simmental, Diemtigtal is a family-oriented resort with a number of winter sports diversions, including a range of downhill slopes, an impressive cross-country circuit, a couple of toboggan runs and a natural ice rink. The main areas to ski or snowboard are beginner-friendly Grimmialp at the top of the valley, and Wiriehorn with its snowpark, toboggan run and varied runs. Both these areas, and the smaller Springenboden area have ski lessons and a children's snow garden.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Riedli Talstation, Wiriehorn. The bus stop adjacent to the chairlift. The bus also stops further up the valley at Grimmialp
- From Basel the least travel time is 2 hrs 14 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Spiez / Oey-Diemtigen.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 169 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 52 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 142 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 35 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 49 km and the journey time is roughly 39 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 209 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 14 mins.
The nearest major airport to Diemtigtal is Basel although other airports may also be convenient.
For example, Zurich Airport will have similar transfer times.
There are some international flights to Berne Airport, with a frequent bus service to the main railway station.
Latest Resort Report
Visit Resort Website for a Snow Report (see sidebar).
Piste Map for Diemtigtal
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
Diemtigtal is located in Bern