hampex is a pretty family-oriented resort situated on a lake near Verbier above Orsières. Perhaps not the most extensive slopes, but they are well regarded and there are plenty of other winter sports activities in the village. The main La Breya chairlift has been renovated for the 2013/4 season.Find accommodation at Bookings.com
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 270 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 58 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 243 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 40 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 149 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 44 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 155 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 52 mins.
- The road distance from Lausanne is around 90 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 12 mins.
- The road distance from Fribourg is around 119 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 27 mins.
Other resorts in the ski area include Bruson.
Latest Resort Report
Report dated April 27 2017 07:45Weather 3 degrees
Season 10.12.2016 - 17.04.2017
Day ticket CHF: 39.-/20.-
Depth of snow 0 cm 0 cm in resort
Last snowfall 26.03.2017
Pistes 0/25 km 0 km with artificial snowmaking
Condition of runs end of season 0/2 Runs down to resort (open/total)
Cross-country classic 0 km end of season
Cross-country skating 0 km end of season
Altitude of cross-country trails 1500 m (altitude)
Snowcross runs -
Snow park -
Tobogganing facilities -
Condition of runs -
Winter walking paths open -
Snowshoe trails open -
Piste Map for Champex-Lac
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$ Hôtel Aux Mille Etoiles, Les Marécottes (3*) Well regarded hotel, right next to the gondola bottom station.
+41 277611666 http://www.mille-etoiles.ch/
Champex-Lac is located in Valais