rienz, on the lake of the same name, has some limited pistes locally at Axalp, but is better known for the skiing off the Brienzer Rothorn, accessed from Sörenberg. Axalp provides some pleasant scenic slopes however and Brienz with its excellent rail links makes a good base to explore the resorts of the Bernese Oberland.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Zurich is around 114 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 42 mins.
- The road distance from Basel is around 150 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 45 mins.
- The road distance from Berne is around 88 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 19 mins.
- The road distance from Geneva is around 248 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 54 mins.
Latest Resort Report
Visit resort web site for details - see sidebar.
Piste Map for Brienz
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
- $$$$ Grandhotel Giessbach, Brienz (4*) Rated a historic hotel by the Swiss Tourist Board.
- $ Brienz Youth Hostel, Brienz (Hostel)